Saturday, October 6 marks the one year anniversary of Occupy NOLA.
Occupy NOLA and Occupy The Stage will be celebrating the Occuversary all day with actions and festivities.
March and Rally
Meet 10:30 201 Saint Charles Avenue to march! Bring your grievances and voice them!
- Stop using COREXIT
- Collective bargaining for student and workers
- Repeal “Right to Work” Law
- Return statue of Avery Alexander
- Change name of Duncan Plaza to Avery Alexander Plaza
- Moratorium on foreclosures and evictions
- Public housing for all who need it
- Stop police harassment of homeless people
- Stop police brutality and racial profiling
- Stop the attack on public education
- Withdraw all U.S. troops from Afghanistan now!
- Stop privatization of civil services
- Stop NDAA
- Create a Massive Green Energy Infrastructure Project
- End drone killing and drone surveillance
- Stop the Keystone XL pipeline
- Stop LA Governor Jindal and company from gutting Medicaid and public hospital funding
- Stop the demolition of The Iberville Housing Development!
- Mass, direct-government employment program, now!
- Put all New Orleans teachers fired after Katrina back to work now!
- End government support of for-profit education.
- Institute a Federal Public Works Program paid for by big oil companies including Shell and BP to clean up the Gulf of Mexico and restore the infrastructure of the Gulf.
Gather 1pm near Pavilion at Duncan Plaza for Rally and Chalkupy with ice cream and cake.
RSVP on Facebook
8pm Occupy The Stage BBQ and Live Performances
Join Occupy The Stage at 2735c Toulouse for a live performance and BBQ at 8pm!
Occupy The Stage will be hosting a night of BBQ and Live performances to celebrate Occupy NOLA’s Birthday! Occupy the dance floor in solidarity with Occupy Austin, Occupy Houston, Occupy San Jose, Occupy Salt Lake City, and Occupy Cleveland (who share our occuversary)!
BBQ at 8pm followed by Live Music featuring The Relief Effort and Duet: Leah Rose and Jason Knox
Come out and celebrate a helluva year!
Flyers are attached or available on the Occupy The Stage Website. http://www.occupythestage.net/
Occupy NOLA General Assembly and Occupy The Stage NOLA